“What Came First is a great book club read, especially for a women’s group because all women have experienced some form of the pangs of motherhood discussed — infertility, desiring a baby but not having the right partner, losing a baby, adoption. You will find yourselves getting really personal over these topics which also leads to a better bonded group!” — Book Club Queen
I love book clubs and would be happy to join your meeting via speakerphone. Just write to me on the contact page and we’ll schedule a time.
Books for Teens:
Books for Adults:
Book Rating Scale
My book club uses the following scale to evaluate our monthly selections. We each take a turn rating the book, and then we average the scores.
The Book Bags’ Book Club Book Rating Scale
- 10 One of the best books I have ever read (or I know the author).
- 9 Loved it. Everyone should read it.
- 8 Enjoyed it. Would recommend it.
- 7 Enjoyed it but with reservations.
- 6 It was okay.
- 5 Not awful but not really worth the time.
- 4 It annoyed me.
- 3 Called my friends to say how much I hated it.
- 2 Called my friends to say how much I hated it and then threw it across the room.
- 1 Bring back book burnings.